Friday 18 March 2011

Editing: PROBLEM SOLVED!

Yes, that's right, the problem I ranted and raved about all last night has been solved.

After getting a good night's sleep, and thinking over the technician's suggestions, I was able to pop up to the media room this lunchtime with the method of solution at the front of my mind.

Opening the original Final Cut project, I imported one of yesterday's more successful exports, and used this to replace the expanding footage that was causing the problem. Using the exported version of the shot meant that the footage would be able to be cropped, because the footage itself was no longer expanding. After tweaking the measurement of the crop and making some last minute adjustments to the sound levels in places, the film was finally ready for export.

Although the export worked, the visual quality of it is not fantastic, so I may speak with the technician again on Monday to see if there is any way we can improve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment